Car accidents can leave any person involved in the accident shocked, stunned and more than a little shaken. But if you get injured in a car accident, don’t panic, just do the following steps to strengthen your legal claim and protect your rights to compensation:
- See a doctor immediately. Sometimes serious injuries take time to surface, even if you feel that your injuries aren’t serious.
- Stay at the scene of the accident until a police arrives. Try to find a safe place away from traffic to wait for emergency services to arrive.
- Consult a car accident attorney in Connecticut immediately.
- Obtain the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of passengers and witnesses. If you are not able then ask someone to take photos of the accident.
- Write down the names, addresses, and telephone and driver's licence numbers of all of the other drivers, the licence plate numbers of the other vehicles, as well as the names and addresses of the registered owners of the vehicles, and the insurance information for each of the other vehicles.
- If people are injured make note of this. If you believe that the driver at fault was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, make a note of this also.
- If an officer reported to the scene of the accident, he or she will complete an accident report form. You can obtain a copy of this form at your local police station.
- Review your insurance policy to make sure of your coverage. Make a list of questions and related information you want to know.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a Milford or Bridgeport traffic collision due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. It is essential to discuss your legal rights with your car accident lawyer in Connecticut to find out what options are available. Contact our personal injury attorneys to discuss your legal options today. For free initial consultation, call Ganim Injury Lawyers at (203) 445-6542 today.