Bridgeport Slip and Fall Attorneys
Slip and fall accidents are more frequent than you may think. People like landlords, property owners, and general contractors are responsible for their property. A slip and fall is not always the victim’s fault. Sometimes they are hurt when those responsible for the property fail to keep the premises safe in a number of ways:
- Failure to shovel or salt snow and ice
- Failure to repair cracked, elevated or broken sidewalks
- Failure to repair defects in pavement
- Failure to construct, repair or maintain steps (including proper lighting)
- Failure to properly design or construct a sidewalk or ramp
- Failure to remove debris from property
I have known George for twenty years and have always known him to practice to the highest ethical standards. George is knowledgeable and experienced and is highly accomplished in the legal field at this time in his career. I do and would recommend George highly to anyone who might ask.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Some of the most common causes for slip and fall accidents are listed below:
- Wet and slippery floors: Water, grease and food may spill onto the floor of grocery stores, markets and other businesses and that should be cleaned up in a timely manner. There should be proper signs to warn pedestrians when floors are made slippery by wetness, waxing or polishing.
- Icy walkways: In colder regions, property owners are responsible for removing snow and ice that accumulates on sidewalks, steps, stairs, parking lots and other walkways. Due to snow and ice, the floors near entrances may become very slippery.
- Inadequate lighting: Due to insufficient light, it becomes difficult to see stairway steps or obstacles or to recognize changes in a walking surface.
- Damaged flooring: Loose or damaged tiles, floorboards, carpet and mats can shift and result in uneven surfaces and tripping or slipping hazards. Some property owners neglect these issues, and people may not expect these irregularities and may inadvertently fall.
- Ditches and potholes: Sometimes holes and ditches are open or uncovered in grounds or parking lots and other paved areas. These ditches and holes should be filled, covered or marked with warning signs or fencing.
- Cluttered floors: Any object like cords, debris, packages or wires placed in a walking path is a potential hazard. When customers do not see these hazards, they can trip over them.
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere, like in grocery stores, restaurants, office buildings and shopping malls. They even happen outdoors in parking lots or on sidewalks. If you get injured in these places, you should keep a few things in mind.
First, seek medical attention right away. Falls can result in broken bones, sprained joints, severe bruising, and strained muscles. It is important to have your injuries documented to receive compensation for your medical bills. Immediately report the accident to the store manager, landlord, homeowner or person in charge of the facility where you fell.
Take photos of the exact location where you fell, and of any conditions that may have contributed to or caused your slip and fall accident. Take notes and pictures of any conditions, the time of the accident, etc. Obtain names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses; do not discuss the matter with anyone, especially insurance companies. Schedule a consultation with a slip and fall attorney to get legal help. Do not sign any documents without first having them reviewed by your lawyers.
Protect Yourself by Hiring Connecticut Personal Injury Lawyers
If you have been injured on another person’s property, then the property owner, landlord or contractor may be held accountable for your injuries. Lawsuits based on defective premises may be difficult to prove. It is important that you contact Ganim Injury Lawyers immediately so you receive proper guidance. As with other personal injuries, Ganim Injury Lawyers will fight to recover the funds you deserve due to:
- Pain and suffering
- Disruption or restriction on daily activities
- Lost income due to your inability to work
- Doctor visits, hospital stays and rehabilitation therapy
- The cost of repairing or replacing all items damaged in the accident
Some notable victories from Ganim Injury Lawyers:
- $185.000 for 25 year old man who fell when deck step gave way due to it not being properly bolted.
- $145,000 for 59 year old man who fell tripped over curbing not properly painted at shopping center
- $95,000 paid to a woman who slipped on wet grass
- $250,000 paid to a man who fell down steps
- $51,800 awarded to a woman who slipped and sprained her finger getting on a water ride at an amusement park
- $249,000 paid to woman who slipped on step while exiting a city bus
Contact Ganim Injury lawyers
If you or a family member has suffered an injury due to a poorly maintained public or private property, contact Ganim Injury Lawyers at (203)-445-6542 or email at email@example.com for a Free Consultation Today.
The sooner you contact Ganim Injury Lawyers, the better. It can increase the chances of obtaining statements from the parties at fault before they speak with their insurance company or lawyer. Also, many times the responsible party quickly fixes the problem after you have been injured or before photographs have been taken. Protect yourself and call Ganim Injury Lawyers now.
Ganim Injury Lawyers service all of Connecticut, including: Bridgeport, Trumbull, Monroe, Stratford, Milford, Woodbridge, New Haven, North Haven, Hamden, Fairfield, Easton, Weston, Westport, Norwalk, Darien, New Canaan, Stamford, Danbury, Wilton, Waterbury, Wallingford, Derby Ansonia, Seymour, and Oxford.
Slip and Fall Accidents Faq's