Since motorcycle riders have very little protection, injuries in motorcycle accidents are more serious compared to injuries by larger vehicles. According to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2006, 13.10 cars out of 100,000 ended up in fatal crashes. The rate for motorcycles is 72.34 per 100,000 registered motorcycles. Motorcycles also have a higher fatality rate per unit of distance travelled when compared with automobiles.
CONTACT A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY IMMEDIATELY
The first and foremost thing after a motorcycle accident is to contact a motorcycle accident lawyer to provide guidance. You need the compassionate and knowledgeable assistance from a motorcycle accident attorney to avail your motorcycle accident claim.
COMMON INJURIES IN A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
- Head injuries are the most common injuries after a motorcycle accident, and can result in concussion and brain damage.
- Spinal injuries can result in numbness, tingling, and loss of feeling and control in various parts of the body.
- Soft tissue damage to the ligaments, tendons and muscles.
- The second largest cause of death in motorcycle accidents are injuries to the chest. Chest injuries occur after the rider is hit or thrown into another object.
- Fractures in arm and leg. This takes place when the driver tries to prevent the motorcycle from falling and hence resulting in arm and leg fractures.
- Motorcycle accidents also result in burn injuries. They occur as a result of rubbing against the exhaust pipe of the bike. Burn injuries can result in expensive treatment or surgery, leaving a permanent scar on the body.
COMMON CAUSES OF MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS
- Lack of visibility
- Improper functioning of motorcycle
- Failure to wear a helmet
- Drunk driving
- Bad weather conditions
- Driving late nights
CLAIMING COMPENSATION FOR MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, then Ganim Injury Lawyers can help. We are dedicated to your case. We understand that dealing with accidents can be painful, traumatic and confusing. We will alleviate these stresses. We have the experience and knowledge to protect you and to handle the insurance companies to ensure that you and your family are protected and compensated.
MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY, GEORGE W. GANIM JR. IS READY TO HELP
Attorney George W. Ganim Jr. works aggressively to help victims and family members to pursue the compensation that they deserve. Ganim Injury Lawyers will fight to protect your interest. The team is proudly serving Connecticut’s Bridgeport, Milford, New Haven, Stamford, Danbury, Darien and Fairfield county areas.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, then contact Ganim Injury Lawyers. Call (203)445-6542/ (877)828-4279 or email email@example.com.