Kevin Reid was an independent contractor who delivered appliances for Sears. On May 22, 2014 at apprx 6:30 in the morning he arrived at the Sears Albany, New York Warehouse to pick up the merchandise he was scheduled to deliver that day. While in the Sears Warehouse Kevin was struck from behind by a clamp truck being operated by a Sears employee.The refrigerator being carried pinned the ankle of Mr Reid against merchandise in the warehouse causing injury. As a result, Mr Reid has had 2 failed surgeries and is left with a permanent injury.
The jury deliberated for a little over an hour on September 27, 2018 before finding Sears responsible for the negligence of it’s employee, Clint Whit and ordered it to pay Mr Reid $1,621,811.50 in damages.
Some notable victories from Ganim Injury Lawyers include:
- $900,000 for a Monroe man who lost two fingers in a wood chipper. The lawsuit was against the machine’s manufacturer and the settlement was achieved during trial.
- $250,000 paid to a woman after being bit by a dog
- $525,000 paid to a tractor trailer truck driver when his 18-wheeler was hit by a car
- $2,000,000 order for a man who lost his leg in a car accident
- $249,000 paid to woman who slipped on step while exiting a city bus
- $225,000 paid to an intoxicated pedestrian who was hit by a car while walking in the road
- $375,000 awarded to four individuals involved in a motor vehicle accident
- $1,000,000 awarded for motorcycle accident
- $225,000 paid to an intoxicated driver involved in a car accident
- $51,800 awarded to a woman who slipped and sprained her finger getting on a water ride at an amusement park
- $250,000 paid to a man forced off the road by a vehicle while riding his bicycle
- $95,000 paid to a woman who slipped on wet grass
- $250,000 paid to a man who fell down steps