Kevin Reid was an independent contractor who delivered appliances for Sears. On May 22, 2014 at apprx 6:30 in the morning he arrived at the Sears Albany, New York Warehouse to pick up the merchandise he was scheduled to deliver that day. While in the Sears Warehouse Kevin was struck from behind by a clamp truck being operated by a Sears employee.The refrigerator being carried pinned the ankle of Mr Reid against merchandise in the warehouse causing injury. As a result, Mr Reid has had 2 failed surgeries and is left with a permanent injury.
The jury deliberated for a little over an hour on September 27, 2018 before finding Sears responsible for the negligence of it's employee, Clint Whit and ordered it to pay Mr Reid $1,621,811.50 in damages.
- 53 year old man with neck injury receives settlement for $275,000 when struck by vehicle that fled from the scene of the accident in Stamford, Connecticut. The operator of the vehicle was chased by the injured man and caught several miles from the scene of the accident. The operator of the vehicle at fault only maintained a $25,000 insurance policy which was paid by his insurance company. The injured man then collected another $250,000 through his own automobile insurance policy as his case proceeded with a trial date.
- 66 year old man receives $159,500 after suffering a neck injury in a motor vehicle accident in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Alfredo E.
- 26 year old receives $70,000 after being involved in an accident with an ambulance on it's way to an emergency call. The driver had reported to the police that his sirens and lights were on as he approached the intersection where the accident occurred. Upon investigation by Attorney Ganim witnesses were discovered which contradicted the ambulance drivers story thereby leading to a settlement of the case. Dennis W.
- Insurance companies pay out total amount of insurance coverage in the amount of $100,000 to a 58 year old women who suffered a back injury. Constanza Z.
- Infant not in car seat receives $195,000 in motor vehicle. At the time of the accident the infant was 6 months old and essentially made a full recovery at the time of settlement having received a concussion like injury. Justin H.
- Female bank executive received $220,000 after being struck on I95 and injuring her neck. Helen W.
- $185.000 for 25 year old man who fell when deck step gave way due to it not being properly bolted.
- $145,000 for 59 year old man who fell tripped over curbing not properly painted at shopping center