When you or your loved one gets injured in a car accident, you have to deal with insurance companies, which is a time-consuming hassle. An insurance company will always try their best to minimize the amount of claim or completely deny some parts of the claim. The Connecticut car accident attorneys at Ganim Law Firm anticipate this, and know exactly how to deal with insurance companies so that our clients receive the compensation they deserve.
Here are some simple dos and don’ts about insurance claims:
- Do contact your insurance company as soon as possible after the accident or injury.
- Do read your insurance policy and understand it to find out what is covered and what is excluded.
- Do make a note of the insurance details of any other person or vehicle involved in the accident.
- Do take notes when you speak with your insurance officers, agents, and any other people involved in the claims process.
- Do save receipts and bills for all expenses related to your claim. These include bills and receipts for repair work on a damaged vehicle or other property, medical treatment for your injuries, and other losses
- Do be honest with the insurance investigators so that your claim is not denied for fraudulent reasons.
- Do check if you have more than one insurance policy that provides coverage for the particular accident or injury.
- Don’t accept the insurance company’s estimate of your losses and damages until you have a chance to fully explore the matter yourself.
- Don’t admit to any kind of liability on your part but just stick to the facts without expressing any opinion.
- Don’t give anything in writing to any insurance officers, if you do not understand any part of your policy or claim.
- Don’t sign any document that is a release of any kind. If you are not sure about what you are being asked to sign, consult a Connecticut car accident attorney for help.
- Don’t take any check as a full and final payment unless you are certain that it is a fair compensation for your losses.
Car accident attorneys at Ganim Injury Lawyers in Connecticut have the experience and knowledge to handle the insurance companies. They can ensure that you and your family are protected and compensated. Call them at (203) 445-6542, if you need to file any accident claims.